Is it easy for you to say "No"?
Questions for discussion:
- Is it easy for you to say "No"? In what situations it's particularly easy? In what situations it's quite easy? In what situations it's particularly difficult?
- Is it easy for you to say " I don't know"?
- Is it easy for you to say " I don't understand"?
- Is it easy for you to say " I don't care"?
- Is it easy for you to say that you've changed your mind?
- Is it easy for you to admit your mistakes?
- Are you illogical sometimes in making decisions? If yes, is it easy for you to admit that?
- Have you ever agreed to do something when actually you didn't want to do it? What was situation? Could you say "No" in that situation? What would be the consequences?
- Do you always act in correspondence with current customs, rules, or styles? Have you ever broken any of these? What were the circumstances? Do you agree that you have the right to offer no reasons or excuses for justifying your behavior?
- Is it easy for you to confront opinion of group of other people? Imagine: You're having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
- Is it easy for you to judge whether you're responsible for finding solution to another person's problem or not? Is it easy for you to refuse to help another person? Has it ever happened to you that you helped another person and then regretted about it? What were the reasons?
- Can you say that the easier person says "No", the more egoistic he/she is?
- Can you say that deciding everything in your life yourself (not being dependent on the ideas of others) makes you distant from the society?
- Do you think some people need to learn how to say "No"? Explain your point of view, please. Would you attend such a training?